Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fashion Report: Paris

Today I arrived back in New York from Paris. I'm very sad but hopefully I'll be back. Just as promised, I kept my eye out to see if I noticed any particular trends, and I did! Of course, as I don't know everything in the universe about fashion, I don't even know if they're technically "in" but this is what I saw.

1. Blazers - which I love and I felt so proud of myself because I actually brought one and felt at least mildly Parisian. Worn with skinny leg jeans and converse type shoes (see below).
2. Harem pants - to be completely honest, this is one trend I will never understand.

3. Wedge sandals - not exactly like these, but I think you get the point. LOVE this style and can't believe I don't already have something like them.

4. Converse style shoes - I know this isn't exactly high fashion, but these were the only sneakers I saw the entire time I was there. Not necessarily the brand converse, but this type of shoe. Generally they were in darker colors. Whenever I wore sneakers on the trip I had my own pair of Ralph Laurens in this style but they were pink so I didn't have it exactly right.

Those are just four different styles that I thought were especially prominent. I also noticed when I went up to Normandy that a lot of the French girls were wearing the baggy-ish tank and layering...something I talked about in my very first post, actually. But that's not technically Parisian fashion! I only wish I had paid more attention to bags!! I could make some guesses but I wouldn't be completely right so I'd rather not.

Other related stuff: I did shop on the Champs Elysees (sorry I'm neglecting the accents, I'm much too lazy) and of course it was amazing. Better than Fifth Avenue as I told my friend who lives in France (she stayed with my family as a French exchange student two years ago), but alas she disagreed. Two stores that I really liked that seemed to be quite popular are Mango and Promod. Though I know Mango isn't technically French, I still felt like I could buy French fashion there, which I did. Unfortunately I bought nothing from Promod, which actually IS French, because I didn't have time to wait on the long line (the Champs Elysees can get extremely crowded!). But they're both great, and I'd certainly recommend them, Mango being located right next to the Galeries Lafayette by the Opera Garnier, and Promod somewhere along the Champs Elysees, I don't even remember where.

I will continue talking about France in my next few posts, though it won't be about fashion, I don't think. There is just so much to talk about it, and I miss it already! But now I'm feeling tired and jet lagged (it's 3 AM Paris time right now) so au revoir. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment